Here you go with those needed instructions to install froyo on your mytouch slide 3G. Let’s go straight to it!
- A Windows-based PC with an active internet connection
- You must have administrator rights on the PC in order to install this software update
- Windows XP SP2+, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 required
- A myTouch Slide running software number 1.27.531.1 or 1.35.531.1
- The device has at least 25mb of User Data available (internal memory).
- The device battery should have a charge of at least 30%
- The USB cable supplied with the device
- Task Manager/Killer apps installed on the device must be uninstalled to avoid interfering with the update process
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT plug the device USB cable into the computer until instructed
- Download both HTC Sync and the myTouch Slide Android (2.2) system update from the HTC support site: http://www.htc.com/us/support/t-mobile-mytouch-3g-slide/downloads/
- Save both files to the Desktop of your PC:
- On the desktop of your PC, locate the downloaded file HTC_Sync_3.0.5511.exe
- Double click on the icon to begin installation process.
- After completing the installation of HTC Sync on your PC, ensure the device is powered on and at the Home screen.
- Connect the device to the PC using the supplied USB cable
- Note: If the HTC Sync wizard appears on the PC screen, simply dismiss the wizard by clicking the Cancel button
- On the desktop of your PC, locate the downloaded file T-Mobile_myTouch_3G_Slide_Software_Update_2.15.531.3.exe
- Double click the icon to begin the software update
- When the wizard appears, check the box and click Next
- Ensure you have completed the steps listed, check the box, then click Next.|
- Confirm your software version is 1.27.531.1 or 1.35.531., then click Update.
- Confirm the updated version is 2.15.531.3 then click Next.
- Confirm the update then click Next.
- The device is now updating. Please be patient as this process can take up to 10 minutes.
- The device is now updated! Click Finish.